MANAGERS: 2021 annual performance appraisal training
The FY21 performance appraisal process kicks off on April 19! The annual appraisal is an opportunity for employees and their managers to review accomplishments and set clear goals for the future, as well as celebrate accomplishments and think about how we can develop professionally. All eligible employees are required to have an annual evaluation per the UT System Board of Regents.
Performance evaluation templates will be available in iPerform the week of April 19. We encourage you to take a training, as iPerform has been upgraded with new features.
- Eligible employees hired on or before March 1, 2021 must undergo a performance review for their work from May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021.
- Self-appraisals are due May 7. Due to COVID-19 response, alternative dates may be warranted for some roles and units. Please confirm due dates with your manager.
- Manager appraisals are due May 31.
- Appraisals feed directly into the merit tool to facilitate merit planning.
- The iPerform tool will remain open to accommodate edits and additional comments throughout the performance discussion cycle, which ends Aug. 31.
- Completed and acknowledged appraisals are due Aug. 31.
(Patient care employees: This year, the peer feedback process will happen in the fall, so you will not complete it during your annual evaluation. Additional communications and training are coming soon.)
What managers need to do
- Attend a self-appraisal training webinar (no registration required, use the links below to attend, add them to your calendar and receive reminders)
- April 19, 1 p.m.
- April 20, 9 a.m.
- April 21, 10 a.m.
- April 23, 3 p.m.
- April 27, 3 p.m.
- April 28, 10 a.m.
- April 29, 10 a.m.
- May 4, 7:30 a.m.
- May 7, 3 p.m.
- May 13, 10 a.m.
- May 14, 2 p.m.
- May 18, 3 p.m.
- May 20, 9:30 a.m.
- May 25, 3 p.m.
- Make sure your reporting structure is current in HCM
- Collect thoughts, notes, and information regarding the employee’s performance during the performance cycle
- Review rating descriptions (descriptions are the same as last year)
- Access available tip sheets and other resources
Find additional information at the Performance Management webpage (VPN access required) or for questions, email email@example.com.
Thursday, May 13 at 10:00am
More dates through May 25, 2021
Friday, May 14 at 2:00pm
Tuesday, May 18 at 3:00pm
Thursday, May 20 at 9:30am
Tuesday, May 25 at 3:00pm