About this Event
Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists
Learn to Lead!
Explore and Develop Your Leadership Potential
Leadership is about influence and the ability to make things happen, not just “being in charge.” Therefore, leadership skills are critically important for faculty success at any stage of the academic career.
- The LEAD Program is designed for junior faculty who aspire to develop their leadership skills.
- Curriculum includes modules in self-discovery, communication, influence, negotiation, difficult conversations, inspiring trust, and embracing diversity.
- Format includes didactic courses, case studies, and experiential activities. Participants work with an executive coach and anchor the LEAD learning objectives with an individual Capstone Leadership Project.
Assistant Professors and Associate Professors (fewer than four years in rank) are eligible. Underrepresented in medicine faculty are particularly encouraged to apply.
The following materials must be submitted:
- A completed online application.
- Curriculum vitae in standardized UT Southwestern P&T Format (Word template also is available at W:\PUB\SMSDEAN\Promotion and Tenure) uploaded along with the completed online application.
- New! We no longer accept letters of recommendation. Instead, our program team will send an evaluation form directly to the applicant’s chair after a completed application is submitted.